Sunday, September 18, 2005

acerbitas


or, poignancy.

For some reason lately I've been surprised to find myself actually, seriously, missing people from my past. I've searched out one friend on classmates and bought blackberry seedlings (to be delivered in January) from another college friend's family's berry farm. I haven't heard back from either though. The talking and laughing and talking I associate with them is strikingly compelling, and I'd love to be able to visit again and see what they are like now.

I don't know if this is happening to other people around my age; maybe it's a generational malaise.

On another, decidely less poignant note, this silk is something new and extremely vibrant. I love the apparent depth especially in the extreme center of the mandala.

4 comments:

Jo said...

You can bet I'm doing the "Oh Yeah, Joy Has A Blog" dance girlie! :D LOVE it and I'm going to add it to the others I link to if you don't mind.

joy said...

link on woman.

KidTaster said...

I have been feeling the same way about old friends. I have recently started talking to two boys (to me they are still boys, lol) from high school, both were so important to me back then. Moving so far away right out of high school was so abrubt and I feel like through talking lately I have closure on that time in my life. Even if it is 12 years later and I should have been over it years ago. It's really nice.

joy said...

well, my one friend read my email through classmates (i got a notification) but no reply, and it's been a few days. :shrug: guess she wasn't feeling the same acerbitas, huh? it was a surprise to say the least but i'll survive. :D

amy! hey. that's great you've been able to reestablish some connection with your "boys". they may just be wanting adult size longies though, and have to get close first. i know that's why i'm your friend. :evil grin: nice to see you here.