Friday, September 09, 2005

like a weed

my son is growing up and out at a rate i previously associated with kudzu and bad tv. he's almost as big as me now and i'm a pretty big woman myself. i wear a size 11 shoes and he just officially grew out of my clodhoppers...which means he's in a men's size 10 shoes now. i've dated guys with smaller feet than my 11 yr old. geez. but he's always been big. he gained a pound a week ("good" growth is a half pound a week, adequate is 1/4 pound per week for a newborn) and was 24 lbs at 6 mos, 31 lbs at one year. now he's 120 lbs, 5'4". his dad, my ex, is a big guy, but we all think jackson is going to outstrip us. supposedly you can double the height of a child at 24 and 30 months and get a range for their adult age. going by that he's gonna be somewhere between 6'4" and 6'7".
at any rate, he's growing up fast, and we were goofing off yesterday and i *made* latt take a pic of us. it was the first time in a looong time he sat on my lap, and may be the last time ever. i love that kid.

No comments: